Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri

I know…. Dah lambat seminggu baru nak wish. Hehe. What do I care, raya kan sebulan! So I’d like to apologize to all for being so cruel, so mean, so talkative and being too hyper than ur average level… most of all, I’m sorry again if u think I’m a bitch. Just the way I am. So live with it. Heeee!

Raya this year tak macam dulu. I say this year’s sucks (seconded by my fellow cousins). Maybe sebab half of our family yg kat jb especially tak balik kl… n cuzins yg married beraya blah laki2 diorang… so there was just me, mim, yana, jehan and lan celebrating with all the makciks and pakciks.

Our family tradition (mummy’s side) works like this, on the eve of raya.. all of us will gather at Maktok’s house in SS2, Kelana Jaya for buka puasa. They normally serve ketupat, rendang and all those typical raya food that night. I would be the only child in my family to attend the buka puasa at Maktok’s house while my other 2 brothers are busy with raya carol (takbir raya) at Atuk’s house (daddy’s side) far far away at Au2 Keramat tu ha. I chose to be at my Mum’s coz I have cuzins yg satu kepala more than daddy’s side. And usually we cuzins will dress to kill (casual outfit) on the eve coz that’s the only time we gather all the members from jb n kl. Haha. Weird. Oh and most of our family don’t really puasa on the eve. It’s like……….. the trend on every last day of puasa. Including the uncles and aunties.

Raya morning, we will all gather again at Maktok’s house and this is where the weird part u’d be interested in. Maktok will not serve any ketupat or rendang in the morning. She only serves roti canai and hot drinks instead. It has become like that since I was born.

After Raya prayer, kitorang pun berkumpul kat hall rumah Uncle Anjang will start our Raya tradition with his speech. Uncle Anjang is the host for every event in the family. Without him, we’ll be lost.

And so Uncle Anjang starts with…… “Kita bersyukur sekali lagi dapat berkumpul di hari raya bersama ayahanda dan bonda…..bla….bla…..bla…..”.

Then, doa by Tok Encik.

Then, some moral + motivation + crap speech about current issues in the family.

Eg; Cucu-cucu perempuan dinasihatkan menjaga batas perlakuan dan percakapan memandangkan usia yg semakin matang …..bla..bla…bla…

I hate it when things that they talked about bikin gua terase dalam baik punya. Sila jangan pakai baju ketat. Duh. The guilt trip thing isn’t working.

After that interesting speech, we will all make a really big circle for salam2 session. It starts with the uncles and aunties, followed by the children in every family. Usually the make up is ruined in this session. It’s very teary.

Then those who already have worked kena stay in the hall while the rest of us will line up outside waiting for our duit raya collection. The syarat is, who ever starts working will have to give out duit raya. No matter how young the person is and how old the person’s getting it is.

My mum’s family is big. Her siblings are 10 of them. The spouses, children, in laws, nephews and nieces….. I lost count. Majority of my cuzins are girls. Around 30 girls and only 5 boys.

Finally, after collecting duit raya, we will all start our convoy raya to every house in our family. We usually starts from KJ, Subang, Tropicana, Damansara, TTDI, Hartamas and my house will be the last. They usually say no to food and drinks at my house. Makes our work easier. Hehe.

Raya is fun, if the people you celebrate with every year are around. It becomes sux when these people suddenly changed the way it is.

Selamat Hari Raya!
























My fav cuzins... Rihana, Miriam, Jehan and Razlan.
My fav nephews... Danial and Danish (GuGu).
My brother, Firhan (Adik) and Rizwan (Abang).
My family... noticed that Daddy is not wearing brown coz he insisted to be special! Followed by Adik, his sidekick.

No comments: