Sunday, July 19, 2009

I Miss Sumo


This is Sumo.
He's my bestfriend.
We've known each other since primary school.
Sumo went to the same primary and secondary school as I did.
He was a sports person back in primary school.
He turned into a Rempit in secondary school.
He joined Clubbers and Ravers after school.
He is still half blooded Rempit and Clubber.

Sumo was the leader of his Rempits group back in high school (or i assume he was).
He pissed both teachers and schoolmates with his 'gangsterism' ideology.
He'd never be in class for more than half an hour.
He always took a tour to other classes and disturb our lessons.
He joined other classes when there were his favourite teachers teaching, just to sat there and listen without disturbing others.
Teachers were bored chasing him skipping classes that they actually let him did whatever he liked as long as it wasn't off limit.
He was naughty, yes. But he was a nice and hilarious guy, still is.

Sumo and I became closer when I dated his bestfriend.
We were so closed, we hung out 24 hours together everywhere.

We did a lot of crazy things together:
1. Sumo and I ponteng puasa and went to the drive-thru (with his scooter!) and Sumo with confidence went straight to the pick-up counter to order. I was so embarassed I told him we had to order at the machine first. So Sumo MADE ANOTHER ROUND back to the drive-thru order machine. I can still remember clearly how the McD staffs laughed at us.

2. Sumo and I had a fight on who ran faster. I thought I ran faster than him. We argued from Celup's house at Ampang til Keramat when we decided to call Man for permission to run in front of his house, with him witnessing it. So we reached outside Man's house and started to position ourselves to run from where we stood to the car at the end. I lost just inches from Sumo. Bloody hell.
Man - still confused.

3. Sumo and I were betting about some stuff. Can't remember what. We were 'touring' around Setiawangsa with his scooter. It was late night as i remember. We passed a burger stall full with Rempits. A lot of Rempits. I guess there were about 20 plus of them there, lepaking. Sumo got the idea to dare me: Lift my hand and wave at the Rempits while saying Whooop!! at them. We argued for about half an hour (still touring) whether I could do it or not. I reached my boiler point when Sumo underestimated me someway and accept the dare.
I did it. As loud as all of them could hear me when we passed the burger stall.
Sumo was so in shocked he sped up faster than a Ferrari, so embarassed with what I did. I was surprised he didn't hide his head in the ground like an Ostrich.
We had never passed that stall ever again.

4. We were working with my dad at Sure Heboh. There was a company's camera which to be used to take photos of the activities there. I was holding the camera and took a lot of 'vain' photos of me and Sumo. Those ugly crazy faces of us posing.
Jeng jeng jeng.
The Managing Director came to our booth. Took the camera and transfered it to a laptop.
The MD was sitting at a table at the back of our booth with my dad behind him, looking at the event's photos.
Me and Sumo (totally forgotten that we took our photos a lot), were standing far behind them stalking what they were discussing about.
Suddenly our photos, as big as the full screen of the laptop appeared in so many poses.
My dad turned back to face us with his hands cekak pinggang waiting to scold us.
We ran as fast as we could to the end of the carnival site.
And enjoyed with the promoters at the TV3's booth, forgot that we actually have a thousands of work to do!


5. Sure Heboh was our playground for years since it started. We've known everyone who worked there, every booth, every security guards, every clowns and cleaners, everyone! Sumo and I had a lot of memories there. We pau every booth their products, we kacau the clowns and threatened them if they don't give us a ciggie, we skipped queing line, we rocked the stage and sing our song like we were some superstars there (the audience thought we were singers and our audience were as many as you see in a concert, haha!). We created our own game. The most ridiculous of all games: we invited husbands and wives to our booth. all with their own partners. we sat the husbands on their chairs and gave each of the wives a bunch of getah nasi lemak. As we said START, those wives had to tie their husbands' hair with the getah provided, as many ties as they could in a given time limit. ha ha ha. it was sooooo funny!!! imagine, those husbands who barely had hair, were tied few strands on hair. they looked like ants with a lot of antenas.
Oh btw, we worked at Maggie's booth. This game had nothing to do with promoting Maggie. And therefore, we were scolded by my dad. hahaha.

I wish I can write more about those crazy (mostly stupid) things we did.
Sumo and I had too many memories together.
He'd lived at my dad's house for almost a year or more. Everytime my dad gave me pocket money, he gave to Sumo THE SAME AMOUNT as mine too. in front of me. damn u sumo.
I missed him.
He's been the nicest, hilarious, fun person I've ever met.
Love you Sumo.
Peace.

Sumo in his early transition from a Rempit to a Clubber.
In the middle is Bongkok, another bitch i missed a lot.

Dah smart sikit mase ni.


Mase kat JB. Sumo's face described it all.
Look at his bag, his Rempit bag, but with cuter pattern.
Thank god he didn't carry the famous Rempit bag, SHOEI. haha.

No comments: